Thursday, May 8, 2014

Summer Makeup Guide: Skin Care Prep

 


Summer is coming up and I don't know about you but my skin does a one 80 from the dry winter season and I get OILY. Spring to me does a snowball effect of time after Easter, where I get a few week of perfectly balanced skin. Yet in southern California summer weather comes early and the hot sun and dry air freak out my face once again. The problems i experience start from breaking out to keeping that makeup from melting that is covering those breakouts. So join in my journey as I try different tips and advise from the experts to see what will work for me and at the same time help you get through the summer.

Cleanse - Prep - Moisturize - Sunscreen  ALL DONE!  Thats it!

Just Kidding -  There is no way beauty companies make billions of dollars to make it that simple.

Similar to winter, its time again for the changing of the products.

Prep:  To wipe the makeup off for the day.  I use makeup remover wipes.  I like the Target up and up brand it doesn't contain cucumber which tends to break me out.  Yet this does explain why I have been eerily dry and oily at the same time.  Whoomp!  I guess I too have to look into others. :(

Cleasnse: I never feel as if I cleared off all my makeup so I love using a  deep cleanser like Biore but since it dries my skin I have to stick with something like Cetaphil


Moisturize for the Summer:
Ah to find the right moisturizer.  I am still trying to find the right one.  At this moment I am LOVING the Garnier Rescue refreshing Gel Cream EXCEPT its the CVS generic brand (Same great quality and half the price) The huffington post has this very informative article on moisturizing What You Need to Know About Moisturizing Your Face
 
 
Toner or Astringent:  I had to look into this.  Did you knew there is a difference? I am still confused on what to get for my combo skin.
 
Toner: Gentle, cleansing and hydrating - great for sensitive and dry skin ( Now that my skin is getting older I opted for stuff my mom and grandmother used, L'oreal Hydrafresh Toner)
Astringent: Stronger, some alcohol based, soaks up excess oil and is antibacterial which helps with breakouts. (I went old school and busted out with the Sea Breeze!)

 

 

 
Depending on how my skin behaves for the summer I may have to change out this product to help balance out my face.  I love using the cotton round pads to swirl that on my face compared to a cottonball.  I notice that I waste too much product and apply in blotches when applied with a cotton ball.
 
I may be dating myself but you 90's kids will remember the spoken song from Baz Luhrmann, "Everybody's Free, (To Wear Sunscreen)"  Sunscreen!  Very important for me pale gal from So Cal.  Argh but I don't know if you are like me and don't like the feeling with layers and layers of products all having equal importance on the face.  Sunscreen is the most important. What layers am I taking about?
 
 
I would never skip the Sunscreen but I can put extra protection with a Foundation/BB Cream that contains a SPF.  This can give you a better reason to retouch your makeup because It is recommended to reapply sunscreen every 3 - 4 hours. Since Summer trend is the no makeup look and keep things minimal I suppose I will have to give my face a break.  So I can balance out this extreme combo skin but like the winter I wish you luck on finding the right combination of products to you won't have to worry about keeping bueatiful for the Summer. 
 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment