Friday, March 7, 2014

Pallette Series: BH Cosmetics Forever Glam Palette

Palette Name: BH Cosmetics Forever Glam Palette ($21.95 USD)
Palettes, palettes, I love me some palettes. I think I have posted before but I love having everything in one. I want to have my entire face beautiful and find everything in one palette. Yea, I know blogreaties that doesn't quite exist. Yet can you tell me what palettes come close to it? Ha, that a hard one huh? Well welcome to my new Palette Series. I am going to go into my major collection of makeup palettes and test what works and how much one can get done with the ammount of products offered. What else is needed to get a complete look? It is travel Friendly? Stay tuned for my palette series and tell me what you think.
BH Cosmetics Forever Glam Palette - I bought this palette along with the Forever Nude palette ( A previous post.  which were on sale I think 2 for twenty dollars. BH Cosmetics is still a fairly new brand in my collection. I was very impressed with the Judy Time Palette so I thought I would try some their other palettes.
The BH Cosmetics Forever Glam Blush and Lip Color Palette features 6 deluxe size eyeshadows in shimmer, satin and iridescent finishes along with 2 silky blushes and 2 creamy shades of lip color. Create endless looks that are ravishingly sexy and fun by mixing and matching these pumped up shades of GLAM!

 
Percentage of FACE it covers:
40%
 
Face (Foundation) - NO
Blush - YES
Eyeshadows(3) - YES
Concealer - NO
Bronzer/ Contour - YES
Eyeliner - NO
Setting powder - NO
Highligter - NO
Mascara - NO
Lipstick/Lipgloss - YES
 
The BHCosmetics Forever Glam palette can cover at least 50% of my face. I still need the appropriate face makeup but a 50% rating fetches well in my book. Unlike the Forever Nude palette that offers a matte cream color in the middle,  the Forever Glam offers a glitter lavender shade that I am still trying to figure out how to use.
Travel Friendly? - YES
Can you double up on products? YES
Does it include application tools? - NO
Mirror? - YES
Do you need additional application tools? YES
Still need to bring:
Foundation/Concealer - powder - eyeliner - mascara
Factors of uniqueness: hard plastic case – Large mirror -  Dark combinations.
The palette is very travel friendly just like the other palette. The palette is encased in a hard plastic that will survive checked luggage, carry on or slip it in purse for everyday use. The mirror is perfect to serve as your lone mirror if you are in a pinch and will remain upright once open great for travel.
Yet compared to the lighter version of the Forever palettes this doesn’t rank top of my favorites.  The colors are different and very pigmented but  honestly doesn’t give me enough variety of looks that I can go for especially if it was the only palette I had hand.  The lip colors are the same as the forever nude which I believe doesn’t match well with the eye shadow colors.  I know it sounds bad but the color combinations looks drag queen-ish to me. I will need other colors from other palettes to use this palette.  But see below for the look I posted and see what you think but I think I may give this one away.  L



No comments:

Post a Comment